Dr. Akil Fazal is a fellowship trained Spine Surgeon. His main practice areas include adult degenerative disease, pediatric deformity and trauma and infection of the spine.
Dr. Akil Fazal is one of the pioneers of minimally invasive spine surgery in Kenya. He did his training in spine surgery from the prestigious New York University – Hospital for Joint Disease
He is an honorary lecturer at the University of Nairobi and a part time lecturer at the Aga Khan University.
Areas of Specialty & Passion
He is currently the treasurer of the Kenya Orthopaedic Association. Work aside, He is an honorary Lecturer at the University of Nairobi department of Orthopaedic & Actively involved in the training orthopaedic surgeon as well as undergraduates.
Areas of Excellence
- Complex Spine Surgery with Spinal Navigation of Intra Operative Monitoring
- Spinal Tumors and Spinal Cord Tumor Surgeries
- Spinal Fractures and Instability
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Degenerative Disc diseases
- Herniated Disc diseases
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spina Bifida
- Spinal and Spinal Cord Tumors
- Spinal Cord Injury/Spinal Fractures
- Peripheral Nerve Injury & Tumors
- Failed back surgery syndrome
- Intractable Cancer pain & Neuropathic pain
- Severe Spasticity